07 September 2020

For Weal and For Woe ~ Closing

Greetings Dear Reader,

We possess intent in everything we do.  As I have said, but need perhaps to repeat often is that there is a very clear intent behind this blog.  That intent is my growth as a follower of Christ.   I publish it so that perhaps others will benefit from it.  The other reason is that it gives me a level of accountability for what I am doing to live out my faith.


That is my intent in my writing.  That does not mean that everyone gets it even though I state it clearly.  Some think that I am saying “look at me; look at what I did.”  That is not my heart at all.  The vast changes in my life over the last two years have been fed by 3000 plus days of this exercise.  The view of what I am doing here is going to be subject to how others view me.

As I work out my faith and following, I must do the things that capture my thoughts and focus them on Christ.  For weal or for woe, no matter how anyone sees me, this exercise makes me more aware of my position relative to loving the Father, following the Son, and loving my fellow travelers.  When someone questions my motives, love demands that I honestly examine them out of respect for the Father and the one doing the questioning. 

Christ calls us to humility and active love whether others see it for weal or for woe.  I cannot control the perceptions and opinions of others.  Only I know my motives.  My words are going to be read and interpreted by others through thein prism of who I am.  I must express my thoughts and questions honestly no matter if others perceive them for good or for ill, Dear Reader.  My failures may have caused hurt that cause others to approach me with negative presuppositions.  This means that I must live a life that does not validate that perception.  It is useless to defend my position and change what people think.

What I must do is listen lovingly to what is said whether others intend it for weal or for woe.  I must make sure that I always intend my actions and interaction for good.  I must avoid being offended and look honestly at what I do when others express their perception of my motives.  The journey home is one of constantly diminishing the self in light of the love of Christ. 

We must intend to express the love we have for the Father in all that we do. We must show love for others when they say things to us whether it is for weal or for woe.  The journey through this writing is for me, Dear Reader.  Your thoughts and questions are always welcome here whether you intend them for weal or for woe.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I cannot control anything relative to my writing other than my obedience to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment