18 September 2020

Gnats and Camels ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I said at the beginning, I am not going to belabor all of the things over which we strain and swallow.  These few days have allowed me to think clearly over what matters.  If we were to dive too deeply, that in itself may be a gnats and camels situation.


Perhaps that is something we can all carry with us to filter out the things that do not matter.  We can carry the metaphor to be sure we are not swallowing things that are absurd.  There is too much we have to do to waste effort majoring on the minors.  We also must not saddle each other with baggage that hinders our journey.

Each day I choose what I will think and do.  These choices must proceed from our love of Christ and our fellow humans.  I cannot demand that someone swallow my camels and strain at my gnats in a loving way.  Christ never forces us to follow him.  Instead, he gives us a choice and allows us the natural consequences of our choices.  When it comes to making disciples of others, I must not impose but only propose and live an example.  I fail often at remembering that I cannot expect those who do not believe as I do to act as if they share my beliefs.  Even that is a violation of my beliefs and lacks the understanding that love demands.

There is no standard or issue that can be put forward without love.  This does not negate justice and righteousness.  It does, however, temper them with grace and mercy.  Not expecting others to believe or behave in a certain way does not mean that their belief or behavior is right or good.  Arguments are futile.  Knowing why we believe and act the way we do is vital.  Attempting to use that as power is foolish.

As I ponder these things, Dear Reader, I find that the questions I wish to ask and answer all lead to finding ways to follow Christ more nearly.  I wish to hear his voice and eliminate the gnats and camels.  Jesus promises to be my water and bread of life.  He promises not only to show the way but to be the way.  I do not need to make anything but faith in this a gateway to following.  The journey is one of truth, not hedges or rules.  If something is true then it is freeing not consuming.  If I am going to follow Christ in truth then I have no room for gnats and camels.  In fact, I have had enough of both.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

If we are swallowing camels then we have no room for the bread of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment