21 September 2020

Guardians of Forever ~ Overwatch

Greetings Dear Reader,

I had an encounter this weekend where I played a small part in being kind to someone.  The event unfolded oddly and it was clear that I should help.  It was just as clear that I would be unable to follow-up with the assisted individual.


The guardian in me wants more information and answers.  I need to know if the person is OK.  Really, however, it is not a need.  I want to know if the person needs further assistance.  That is good and kind but not for me to pursue.  This all gets at the great flaw that a guardian carries and must not abide.

It is not my place to take a moment of helping someone and turn it into a career.  If I am to be of use, I must accept that things will unfold as they should if I do my part and only my part.  I cannot see the whole picture.  When I try to stay in step with another longer than I should, I am not fulfilling my role properly. 

I have written about my calling to stand by the door.  Instead of living out that role, I have at times tried to be something different and it always ends badly.  I am not supposed to make the journey about my knowing or understanding.  Guarding forever means that I know I will understand further along and that must be enough.  My faith requires that I help where I am needed and allow the rest to unfold as the Father sees fit.

Wanting to know is not wrong as long as the thought does not germinate the desire to divert and keep things within my circle of influence.  If we are going to guard forever, Dear Reader we must realize that we will not always know how the story ends here.  We must have faith to believe that it will unfold as it should.

Many things require that I be involved for just a moment.  The interactions of kindness and grace that I am allowed may only last a moment.  If all I can do is hand out some kindness, mercy, love, grace, or cold water in the name of Christ, I am doing my part.  It is then incumbent upon me to look for Christ in the next moment for his guidance of what we are to do. 

We are all guardians of forever when we do what is needed without grasping for anything else.  If my eyes are fixed on Christ and following his lead, there is no room for me to grasp things that are not my concern.  If I keep focus on following Christ, the journey will be filled with adventure that I cannot imagine.  I must do what Christ needs me to do over what I wish to know or do every time.  In that, I find that I can worry less and follow more nearly.  I must leave the overwatch to the Father as he knows how each of us will serve best the plan to get all things back to good.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 

Trying to be a guardian over what is not mine always leads to me failing to properly guard what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment