28 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I journey back to my current abode, I anticipate that things I carry to reinforce my love for others.  I always bring them something when I travel so that they know I thought of them whilst away. 


Having given Christmas gifts to my Midwestern family, I am in full Christmas mode but will spare you for a few more days.  We will close our gathering gratitude and spend a couple of days in transition. 

My closing thoughts are relative to a comment made on my Thanksgiving Meditation.  Someone lovingly took issue with my representing fate as lashing out to get our attention.  I would first express my gratitude for this wonderful human commenting.  Here is her comment in full:

“I appreciate many of his sentiments but do not believe that the Fates are vindictive. To think they punish us because we are not sufficiently grateful makes us responsible for things that are often outside of our control. Sometimes we are to blame for what befalls us but sometimes we aren't. To say we caused it gives us way too much power. And guilt.”

If one believes that every outlash is vindictive, my dear friend’s comment is spot-on; aces.  I, however, do not intend vindictiveness in the correction of loss.  Rather, I would be sure to meditate on the truth that in loss and gain, we are to be thankful.  When things are removed from my life, it is part of the Father’s design to draw me closer, humble my spirit, and create in me a heart of gratitude for all that is in my life.  Job was not to blame for all that befell him, but he teaches us the lesson of honoring the Father even in the lessons of loss.  Since the Father knows all that we will do, we do not cause him to do anything. Instead, he has already planned his counter to our move based on what he knows. 

It is not guilt and power I see here but, rather, joy and gratitude that I have a Father that loves me enough to do what it takes to get my attention.  My words, my authorial intent is to meditate that even in loss there is gratitude to gather.  There is joy in every step of the journey if I focus on Christ and my walk with him, Dear Reader.  Jesus justly lashed out at the temple.  The Father justly lashed out at Korah’s family when they intended to kill Moses.  God never reacts.  He responds.  In that alone is enough wisdom to gather gratitude.  It is the knowledge that the Father allows everything that occurs in my small life to get things back to good on a cosmic scale.  There is great joy and gratitude in that understanding.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment