13 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ The Ghost of Turkeys Past

Greetings Dear Reader,

Two years ago, Thanksgiving was the first holiday I encountered after the upheaval that brought me back to the south after twenty years away.  I had not been employed for eighteen months and my resources were thin.


I determined that I was going to learn to be content in whatever state I was journeying through.  A week before Thanksgiving the Father provided a job for me that would begin right after the holiday.  Then, a local family hired me to cook their Thanksgiving meal and what they paid me for the work sustained me until my first paycheck arrived.

I was reminded this week that whatever the situation, I am to look for the thing in that situation that requires my gratitude.  Something inconvenient happened but the inconvenience is only that.  It could be much worse.  The inconvenience could have been dire and caused trouble for others.

The gratitude has many layers.  I have been reminded that I have to allow others to help me as much as I desire to help them.  It provided the opportunity for me to hear the heart of a friend so that I could pray for him more deeply.  I was reminded of the love others have for me.  I have seen in the interruption of my norm the intricate way in which the people around me show their love.  The interruption is a blessing.

I think, Dear Reader, that this is at the heart of gathering gratitude.  It is at the soul of being someone who sees all that the Father has for us and the complexity of his presence.  It is seeing the beauty in every inconvenience because that too is part of the Father showing us the way home.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Inconveniences can remind us to gather gratitude by reminding us how the Father has cared for us over time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment