10 November 2020

There is Always More ~ Narrow Paths

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I ponder practical applications for anything, I often think about tangential connections to the focus of my learning.  In this case, the side trail is actually also the main path.  My focus is on refining my discipline in practical love of others as a way of loving the Father.  Then, as I am walking that trail, both narrow and difficult, I find that it is at the center or the only path that there is.


In my mind, I align two things Jesus says that the greatest commandment is to love the Father with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength.  The practical application of that is the command to love our neighbor.  We show our love of the Father in every area by loving those around us in every way.

Now, I want to ponder that Jesus also says that the way to redemption is a narrow path.  It seems to me that the greatest commandment would be part of that narrow path.  I wrote recently that Jesus also says he is the way.  This polemic may seem circuitous but it is also worth pondering and a palaver.  The narrow path and the greatest commandment must be connected.

It may be that following Christ in his example of loving the Father and all humans is the narrow way that leads us to redemption.  We can only do so in faith.  At the very least, adopting this as the focus of my journey cannot go wrong.  We know that faith is the fuel for our following.  The steps that are the most obvious are acts of love that are selfless and Father-focused.   If I am walking this path, at worst I will find myself in good company.

I have been putting this together for some time, Dear Reader.  I must hone my skills at loving the Father, following the Son’s example, and seeing the path as the only one that leads me home.  Even this week I have had challenges to this resolve.  Others have hurt me unintentionally.  Old wounds have been reopened. 

Writing about following Christ in loving others seems to bring out the things that would distract me from that very effort.  The world will not love those bound to love.  We must, however, move along home in faith.  The journey holds joy in this no matter what the circumstances if we allow it.  When I feel wounded and weary, there is always more love proceeding from the Father to help me along.  There is always more love to give to others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Even when hurt is laid at your feet and there is no way around, the narrow path reminds us that the only way out is through.

No comments:

Post a Comment