04 November 2020

There is Always More ~ Mundane Meetings

Greetings Dear Reader,

We will go out into a world of winners and losers today.  I am not saying who is which because I cannot do so with integrity.  Over the weekend I talked about the value of every human soul.  We are going to encounter hurting human souls today.


The reason that people do not talk about politics is that their emotions are so deeply engaged.  When politics is discussed, their hearts catch fire, and unfortunately, their love burns away.  We emerge into a world where there will be hurting people everywhere.

I stood in line at a servo last evening and there were four people ahead of me.  Two of them were discussing the presidential election and it was clear that their votes had canceled each other.  I also watched the third person behind them.  Her face told the story of her opinion in a running stream of expressions of approval or disapproval based on what was being said.  The fourth person, at the checkout was counting out coins for his pack of cigarettes. 

Continuing to observe the human condition, I noticed something that troubled me.  I visit this particular convenience store at least once per week.  The thing that was true about each of the customers ahead of me was that they barely interacted with the clerk behind the counter. 

We emerge into a hurting world every day; not just today.  It is vital that we show love to everyone we encounter.  That clerk is a human with a story.  We can learn those stories.  We can practically and easily do something to show kindness to everyone we encounter.  It may just be a kind sincere word.  It may be attentiveness. 

If we focus on living intentionally, we can see the need to show love in every encounter.  I must walk in that responsibility no matter how I feel or who seems to be in power.  The one who is eternally in power has asked that I love his Father with all that I am and that I love my fellow humans with the love that the Father has for the Son.  

As we walk into the world today, I must be more aware of the need to love in every encounter.  They are not mundane encounters.  They are nothing less than eternal souls that Jesus loves.  They are as worthy of love as we are.  When I encounter anyone, it must be that I intend to show him or her love, Dear Reader.  That attitude keeps every encounter from being mundane.  It is the primary intention and its impact can be eternal.   

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 
Living intentionally requires that I see every human and seek what it is in him or her that is unique in all of creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment