14 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ Joy in Trouble

Greetings Dear Reader,

We live in a time where the problems seem greater than the blessings.  That is not truth but it is our human perception.  When we have difficulties, we are supposed to find joy in them.  We are supposed to find Christ in the midst of them and have gratitude.  I am amazed at this often because it is so counterintuitive. 


This week I had an unexpected and challenging difficulty present itself on Tuesday afternoon.  The challenge is that there is no way through the problem alone.  In most cases, I would handle a problem on my own if I could.  In this situation, it is beyond my abilities.  I learned very quickly how much my friends love me and how willing they are to help.

Had the problem occurred last week or next week it would be a more dire situation.  The Father is justified in requiring my gratitude as he teaches me to understand him more fully.  He asks me to trust him with everything and I can already see his work in my difficulty.

I can hear Job saying that we must accept both good and ill from the Father.  I can hear Paul reminding us to count it joy when we struggle because it serves the Gospel when we do.  I find that when difficulty occurs in one of my weakest places as it has this week, I have to lean more heavily on my belief that the Father knows what he is doing.  It is in these troubles that we are reminded that a tested faith is a stronger one.

As I begin to do the legwork to resolve the problem, I am excited to gather together the gratitude.  I am working, Dear Reader to focus on the joy that is there in trouble and the faith required to do it.  I am thankful for the friends who see this and travel with me as we journey home in a dark time.

Wishing you joy in the journey,
Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I am thankful that the Father knows what he is doing because I am currently very confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment