26 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ A Week of Moments

Greetings Dear Reader,

I arrived here last Friday knowing that none of my plans were certain.  I am learning that this is the bests way to live.  There were no expectations and, therefore, no disappointments.  As I drive today, my heart is filled with gratitude I have gathered over the week.


I am thankful for the journey here with a beloved friend. The conversation and kindness do my heart good.  The friendship and shared vision of what can be, remind me to be in the moment every moment.  Love and hope are good traveling companions.

The immediate call from my Son, Bezel last Friday morning filled me with gratitude that he made sure I knew he was looking forward to seeing me.  He goes out of his way to make time for me whenever I am in town.  His love is obvious in the way he shares it with everyone around him.  I am proud of the man he has become.

A beloved friend drove five hours one way on Saturday, to spend time with me.  He is dearer to me than I can express.  His family is one that I treasure.  I got to long-distance teach him how I roast a turkey.  It is a memory I will cherish.

Seeing and celebrating my oldest Grandson and time with my younger Grandson gave me so much for which to be thankful.  All of the moments of conversation with them deepened my love for them.  It also caused me to see the little ways in which faith tries to take hold in them.

Thursday, spent with Bezel and his family was rich and beautiful.  His love for his family trumps everything else about him.  He is thundering velvet as a parent in a way that sculpts character and stability.  I am so very proud of the man he is.

Today I drive and pray.  There were some heart hurts along the journey.  My favorite waitress in the world has been injured and is in great pain.  Not everyone who I wished to see was available.  Not everyone who saw me was pleased.  Those things are not in my control.  Loving everyone involved is.  As I turn toward the south again, Dear Reader, I carry you with me in my heart.  This journey makes me long for my independence and the Tortoiseshell.  I will pray for you as I journey.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Week of Moments – Ian Anderson

A week of moments – a clutch of days –
Ten thousand minutes of a Passion Play
Medley of quavers informs the tune
It's all too much: over all too soon

Sweet condensation on chilling wine
Traveler's palm, flamboyant tree
Fast photos ripped and lost consign
A week of moments to faint memory

A week of moments plucked from the page
Found far horizons, a sunset stage
Suitcases bulge, in silence packed
A chapter closed: no looking back

The lightest touch upon my arm
No fierce restraint, no call to stay
Hushed room maids glide like pawns to king
With pool attendants in chess piece array

A week of moments – a clutch of days –
Ten thousand minutes of a Passion Play
Medley of quavers informs the tune
It's all too much: over all too soon

Sweet condensation on chilling wine
Traveler's palm, flamboyant tree
Fast photos ripped and lost consign
A week of moments to faint memory

Wishing you joy in the journey,


Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.


Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 

A week of moments – a clutch of days –
Ten thousand minutes of a Passion Play
Medley of quavers informs the tune
It's all too much: over all too soon

No comments:

Post a Comment