03 November 2020

There is Always More ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

It is election day in the most tumultuous election year I have seen in my life.  It saddens me as I see my feed filled with anger, worry, and fear over what the results will be.  I see arrogance and pride as well.  I ponder, however, what can guide us through this season.

Usually, my focus is on gratitude at this time of year and I will still get to that.  I feel that there is something more important for me to refine in my thinking as we navigate a world that seems to lack.  At every turn, I see challenges to my determination to be loving and kind to everyone.  No plan or program is feasible without a set of practical approaches to success.


I realize that sounds far too business and not so much my spiritual journey.  As with my writing, if I do not work out a plan, I have no plan for my work.  This always leads to failure for me.  In that light, I am going to walk a very practical path for a few days.  I wish to focus on very workable ways to love my neighbor, my enemies, and everyone in between.

What sets this in motion, other than the obvious need for it in the world is something Jesus says when he is praying for all of his followers.  At the end of John seventeen, Jesus asks; “that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.”  John 17:26

This struck me so deeply.  Ponder with me how much the Father loves the Son.  Add to that the need for love in the world.  Then engage your imagination with me.  Imagine a world where Christ-followers harness the love available to them because of this request.  If there is any prayer that the Father hears is those that Christ prayed.

I know that some of you are immediately thinking of exceptions to the rule that you wish to employ.  Part of the plan would be to deter those exceptions in advance.  As the world becomes more anxious over things we cannot control, it is vital that we be forearmed in the fight to love others. 

As we enter into this troubled day, I am going to begin to put into place practical thoughts on how to be more loving.  I am going to renew all of those that I already employ.  I am going to take into my heart every opportunity to love others more deeply.  Your companionship in this is invaluable to me Dear Reader.  Please journey with and give me your thoughts and questions as we ponder how to employ love more deeply in a hurting world. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When all else is boiled away and there is no more need for faith; no more need for hope, there at the center of all things will be pure irresistible love.

No comments:

Post a Comment