11 November 2020

Second Thoughts ~ Grateful Veterans’ Day

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have always been uncomfortable wishing veterans a “Happy Veterans’ Day”.  We have too many veterans who are not happy.  They carry things we may not understand. 


I do wish to honor the women and men who have put it all on the line for the sake of our freedom.  I am thankful for the way in which our nation rises to the occasion when military force is needed.  My heart is to express my gratitude and to show honor and respect.  I know many who have traveled far and served at home.  A simple post of thanks does not seem enough.

I vote in every election because people have died to give me that freedom.  I show interest in what people did as their job in the service if they wish to talk about it.  I pray for my friends who struggle with PTSD and other ills.  It is not enough to say thank you.  We must work harder to make our nation worthy of the sacrifices of time, body, and life.  We must honor the missed births and birthdays.  Every meal should have a moment of remembrance in it for those eating rations. 

This day is to honor the living who have returned home forever changed even if it is not a painful change.  It is to be grateful for those who have given years to service even if they never left the town where they currently reside.  So today, I raise a glass, whisper a prayer, and wish each of our veterans a “Grateful Veterans’ Day.”  Whether it is happy for you or not, I love you and am grateful for you.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
 
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I never loved a solider, until there was a war.” – Freedom Never Cries, Five for Fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment