21 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ Familiar Faces

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have only been in the North a day and yet the familiar faces already thrill my spirit.  When I dropped off Avalon, seeing her parents was a joy.  I got to see the waitress and owner at my favorite diner.  The manager of my favorite coffee shop beamed when I walked in the door.


Since I will not be able to travel for Christmas this year, I am bringing Christmas gifts for my Sons and Grandsons.  Were project Tortoiseshell complete, I would be able to be here.  That, however, will be the case when the Father allows.  Still, I anticipate the joy of seeing family that I love dearly.  I am already grateful for my younger Son reaching out to make sure I knew the plans.  He called just as I arrived in town.

When we travel and get to see people that already know us, it is one of those events that should trigger gratitude in us.  In some cases, however, we have unsettled conflict and difficulties.  We must be the ones to walk through the fog of war that exists in some areas and instead be the bearers of love and peace.  It will be hard.  It may hurt. It is a way to show gratitude for others and the love of the Father.

One of the ways to break the ice is to extend gratitude for the good in others.  Everyone has something decent in them that we can value and appreciate.  Instead, we carry the offenses and wrongs as our unidimensional view of a human that the Father loves.  I need this mercy and must, therefore, extend it to others.  In this, we can find the leverage we need to look past the wrongs of the past and see the potential peace of the future.

I enter this weekend of celebration knowing that I am grateful for those familiar faces, Dear Reader.  I am going to gather all the gratitude I can for the love I can show others.  It is the grace and mercy of the Father that makes any of this possible.  I will not dishonor that by failing to be grateful for those I already know and love.

Wishing you joy in the journey,
Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.
Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I can’t wait to see those faces.”  - Chris Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment