15 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ A Day in the Journey

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have mentioned the difficulty this week and I want you to help me gather gratitude over its resolution.  I will unfold it for you and show you how the pieces all fit together to form the Father’s pattern of provision.  What must be the focus is the knitting together of circumstances that faith forms into a fabric of care.


The day unfolds like this; the difficulty was a major breakdown of the car I am meant to drive to Wisconsin this week.  Transportation that is dependable and available is something that is important to me.  When it is not available it troubles me at a deep level.  I have never understood why but it is true.

I called my dear friend Jason and he immediately offered to take my car the long distance to the repair shop.  Within an hour of the incident, the Father provided free transportation of my car to the dealership.  The dealership said that it would likely be a two- or three-day repair but the soonest they could take in the car was Saturday.  Jason assured me this was fine. 

From Tuesday to Saturday I wait.  In the meantime the Father provided for my transportation needs.  When Jason comes to take me and the car for the repair his delightful wife Misty is with him.  We drive to the VW dealership and they tell me it will be a bit whilst they assess the repair.  We are directed to a diner where we have an amazing breakfast.

Andy, my repair guy calls me to say that they have found the problems, they have called in a second technician, and that the repairs will be done by four that day.  He explains that had I tried to drive to Wisconsin in the state it was in the car would have broken down on the highway.  I offered to let Jason and Misty have their Saturday and I would wait at the dealership. 

They had already planned to include me in the remainder of their day.  We went to visit some of their family, had astounding Southern food, and I was able to get to know new people.  By four my car was repaired and ready.  More importantly, I was able to forge a deeper friendship with people that I love. 

Even more amazing, I gained insight into my weakness in faith relative to my car.  As I gather the patches of gratitude from yesterday, I see that the Father worked everything to show me his love and providence.  He was there in every moment knitting together and providing.  Those individual patches of provision weave together into a day of gratitude for the love of my friends and the Father.  That, Dear Reader, is a beautiful way to be covered from the storm.

Wishing you joy in the journey,
Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”

(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.
Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

If we focus on gratitude and faith it is easier to see how Jesus pulls us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment