09 November 2020

There is Always More ~ Let it Go

Greetings Dear Reader,

Some things that seem so simple are complex and often convoluted by our own will.  I have written at length about forgiveness and the vitality of it never wanes.  What it seems is lacking as well as forgiveness in the world is moving on past forgiveness to genuine reconciliation. 


When we cannot reconcile with someone there are only a few causes.  The primary cause is a lack of will.  We are required to have active love for everyone.  If we are not showing love to someone intentionally, we have either not forgiven them or have not let go of their offenses.  I realize that there are some situations where there is danger in restoring a relationship.  The problem is that we keep expanding the reasons we choose to block others from our lives.  We abandon relationships that we are honor-bound to reconcile.

We assign people a box and keep them in it.  We decide their place and they are relegated to it.  This is the other side of the expectations we spoke of yesterday.  If love is to be without expectations, it is also to be free from binding others.  When we cut off someone because we will no let go of their past, we do grave harm to both parties. 

You do not have to put yourself in danger of someone who is physically abusive.  We have expanded that to include emotional and social abuse.  I am not saying those things are not real.  I am saying that we must always make room for others to repent, grow, and heal.  Once we recognize that growth and change as genuine, we are obligated to remove that person from the prisons in which we have placed them.

There is someone in my circle who systematically harmed me for years.  This person caused great pain and fear in me.  I did not speak to this person for five years.  Then I realized that I was not only nursing unforgiveness but I was holding this person in prison in my heart and mind. 

This person has not changed but I have.  I work at showing love and grace.  It still hurts. It is hard but if I am going to be lovingly unoffendable, then I must show love to everyone.  I have to do it actively and intentionally.  I can make all of the scenarios and excuses I wish but if do not try to live in peace with all humans then I am not putting love as my priority in the practical realm. 

The other aspect of this that we do not consider is that if we do not reconcile with others who love us and are working on their own repentance, we become a hindrance.  Worse, withholding love intentionally is doing active intentional harm to others.  No response from someone who loves us is a response  

I must not ignore or cut off anyone.  It is not what I wish done to me.  It is not how Christ treats me even though my failures are frequent and firm.  I dare not fail to respond to others with love.  I cannot love the Father and follow the Son if I do not let go of the wrongs others have done.  It is not part of my burden to carry, Dear Reader.  It harms me and it damages them.  It expands pain in the world and does not lead us to reconciliation or peace.  There is always more love to give so I must let rejection go.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We are far too willing to harm those who have harmed us. This cages our own hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment