20 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ Fellow Travelers


Greetings Dear Reader,

I mentioned yesterday how much I love driving in solitude.  I also value deeply fellow travelers.  I was blessed to drive through the night with one of my favorite travel companions.  The interactions were enriching.


Our journey was without incident and we shared some lovely conversations.  Each moment was one where we treated each other well and even discussions of politics and faith were filled with lovingly hearing each other and refusing to put opinion above kindness and grace. 

As the miles slipped by in the heart of the night, I realized that this is the attitude we must have with all those with whom we fall in step.  Part of the gratitude we express is in how we treat those that the Father brings into our circle.  How we think, feel, and speak must be tempered with gratitude that this individual is there.  It must be a clear declaration in our hearts that the Farther loves that person and wishes for us to love him or her in the way that he loves Jesus,

This means that I must extend gratitude to others on a level that puts all of this in perspective.  It is difficult to be angry at someone and express gratitude for them at the same time.  We will lay aside one of them.  As we journey in gratitude, Dear Reader, we must express it for our fellow travelers no matter what they do to us.  We love and we learn.  In this,we find that we need the same grace and mercy for our own failings.

Less of Me – Glen Campbell

Let me be a little kinder. Let me be a little blinder.
To the faults of those about me, let me praise a little more.
Let me be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery.
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.

Let me be a little braver when temptation bids me waver.
Let me strive a little harder to be all that I should be.
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker.
Let me think more of my neighbor and a little less of me.

Let me be, when I am weary, just a little bit more cheery.
Let me serve a little better those that I am striving for.
Let me be a little meeker with the brother that is weaker
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.
Think a little more of others and a little less of me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,
Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.
Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Those who choose to travel with us offer opportunities to be grateful and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment