30 November 2020

Two Days of Transition ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Tomorrow is December.  With that comes the last 31 chances to make the most of a year that presented many challenges.  As always, I will close the year in a few weeks with thoughts of what I have learned and what will be my focus in the coming year.  Today, however, I will complete my transition from the foundation of that which is holy and the formation of gratitude to the celebration of Christ’s Advent.


In the transition, I need to be sure to carry the value of every soul and gratitude I have gathered with me.  This is the kind of baggage that is easy to have and lends itself well to travel.  Let us then review what we have to carry us along the way and sustain us in the journey.

As I say often, we begin with love for the Father with all that we are and love for each other like his love for the Son.  We add to that choosing to be unoffendable.  What others do must not distract us from our focus on love.  With a foundation and creed, we can add to our assets freely giving grace and mercy.  We need it so much that we dare not neglect giving it away.  In this then, we may also carry gratitude for all things.  We can then see the worth of every soul we encounter.

The transition to December will give us the freedom to share the love of Christ in a season where it is supposed to be our primary focus.  It would be easy to transition to worry and stress.  I think we should choose to see every encounter as an opportunity to share love and peace with those we meet.  I will be looking for opportunities to love others and aid them when I can. 

Things will not always be as we wish them to be.  What we can do is choose to seek Christ in every moment and do as we think he would.  The thing I know for sure is that he would choose to love first.  He would choose to see the needs of others and make them his mission.  Tomorrow, we will begin an earnest walk through the season with a song, a story, and a prayer.

Today, I will take a deep pause to bid the first eleven months of the year farewell.  Then I will express gratitude for all the blessings they have given me.  Join me in doing this, Dear Reader.  Your companionship in the journey is one of my greatest blessings.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Can you feel the life around you?  Can you understand the changes when they come?  Do you see yourself reflected in the seasons?  Can you understand the need to carry on?

No comments:

Post a Comment