19 November 2020

Gathering Gratitude ~ Traveling Man

Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was young and we were preparing to leave for an extended time at the beach I could not sleep the night before leaving.  I convinced my mum to let me sleep in the already packed VW van so that no one would bother our stuff.   For some reason already being in the car calmed me enough so that I slept deeply.


I still get that excited the night before a journey.  It was that way last night as I tried to lay down to rest.  I love the journey almost as much as the destination.  Driving at night is my favorite.  I slip through the miles in my bubble of solitude and limited light.  I look at the stars and the moon.  I pray deeply and long.  I think that driving is when I am the most in the moment practically and spiritually.

One must be in the moment driving.  Driving ends badly without this. It is what transforms my mind to being that way in spirit.  When I drive alone, it is easy to put that into perspective.  I always see things that remind me to worship and be grateful.  I often connect thoughts about the Father that have been running through my mind.

When I owned a motorcycle, it was slipping through the miles that gave me a sense of freedom and peace.  It was learning what that peace felt like that made me seek it in other areas.  It led to my early morning prayer time that stretched into two or three hours a day. 

As I seek a more nomadic life; as the Father calls me to this, I long not only to be a traveling man but for that time in prayer and communion with God.  It is a way to follow Christ more closely.  As I gather gratitude this month, I am thankful for the little boy who gets excited about the journey and that the Spirit has taught him how to better use that journey.  As I drive tonight, I will pray and ponder.  I will express my gratitude for travel, the journey, and for you Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,
Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.
Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon          
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook      
Twitter        
Medium       
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Sometimes we run by the power of his might; on our own at the best we can crawl.” – Michael Card.

No comments:

Post a Comment