29 November 2020

Two Days of Transition ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

As I departed my younger Son’s home Thanksgiving evening, his family was beginning to decorate their tree.  I was weary or I would have stayed for the fun.  I knew I had the long drive ahead of me on Friday. 


Whilst driving through Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee, I noticed the changes.  Farmhouses and buildings reflected the onset of the outward Christmas season with dancing lights and decorated trees under the slate-gray sky.  I had cued up my Christmas folder on the phone and was already wearing my Christmas bandana. 

I do not transition to Christmas as I celebrate it in some form every day.  My first cup of water each morning comes from my “Jesus is the reason for the season” mug that my Daughter, Christmas gave me.  I have a small LED Christmas tree that is on my desk year-round.  It sits right next to my pewter Nativity.  Christmas is always on my mind because it is the advent of my daily thinking on how to follow Jesus more closely.

It is watching others transition to Christmas that thrills me.  It is little children seeing me and for a moment wondering if they are seeing Santa.  It is the opportunity to have my genuine joy seem in place instead of an oddity.  In this time of transition, I long to share the love and joy of Christ with everyone I encounter.


The heart is the thing we must prepare.  It is why we will talk of Advent in December.  In these two days, I want to plan how I will keep Jesus at the forefront of all I do for Christmas.  I will give good gifts but will also ensure that the gift of Christ as our savior is the focus of all giving.  I will market my Christmas novel, Magi: The Gift Bearers but will give away copies to those the Spirit directs me to give them to. 

The point is to put in place clear thinking about who Jesus is and what he wants us to observe.  All of the other trappings of Christmas are fine as long as that is the perspective.  The idea that I get to spend the last thirty-three days of 2020 openly sharing the Christmas I carry in my heart every day thrills me. 

As we turn toward the fleeting sands of this year in the glass, Dear Reader, it is time for us to have hope and share it with each other.  Jesus gives us that hope and more.  He asks that we follow him in faith.  He promises to be with us every day from December to December.  He asks that we see his advent as the beginning of time pouring back into eternity where he will once again make all things good.  Travel and transition with me and we will find a way to get there together, Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The sand slips through the hourglass with just thirty-three days left in this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment