03 May 2021

A King of Broken Things ~ Broken Fellowship

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Since I first read Tolkien when I was quite young, the breaking of the fellowship was one of my first literary heartbreaks.  I did not understand everything that I was reading but what I saw was intensely painful.  It was the combination of broken oaths, Frodo’s sad resolve, and Boromir's death that combined to sadden me 


It is clear to me that the breaking had to occur for some of the other things to unfold.  That, however, did not have to be the case.  It could have been that a very different story gets told if all of the Fellowship puts their love for each other above personal interests and fear.  They could have succeeded without division but we will never know how.  Aragorn does put others first.  He again is the example of Christ we need. 

As followers of Jesus, we are not supposed to be divided.  Our love is supposed to rule over all and be the emblem that identifies us to others.  We are required to care for each other out of this love.  Forsaking anything selfish and self-centered is our obligation.  

Still, we serve a King who uses broken things to bring about his means.  He is creating the perfect out of our imperfections.  Our faults are the fissures into which he pours his love and grace so that he can heal us; so that he can eventually heal the world.  As his followers, we must do all that we can to be united in our love.  We must care for the world as his instruments of service.  

I must not cause or support the division of the fellowship.  Putting my faith into all that I do allows me to do things with love.  It allows me to be unoffendable. It permits me to have peace.  Each day can be lived in fellowship with the Father, seeking to bind the wounds of heart, mind, and spirit so that we become the answer to Jesus’ prayer.  He prayed for us to love each other to the degree that the Father loves him.  That, Dear Reader is a fellowship worth having. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Fellowship among us is never meant to be broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment