27 May 2021

Tell Me What You See ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I was speaking with my friend Heather yesterday.  We were discussing how we view others and the expectations that accompany the view.   This led to an articulation of my thoughts on how I try to view people always. 


The summary is this, we tend to see people as we choose to see them.  We filter who is there through our values, judgments, and expectations.  The task for me is to repress that temptation and instead view others as they should be viewed.  The two parts of viewing others correctly are honestly seeing people as they are and seeing what they can be if the love of the Father flows through them.

 This caused me to ponder how I strengthen my power to do this.  The process seems simple and the base answer is that I proceed by loving everyone to the best of my ability.  This is a foundational truth.  It does not, however, give me enough tools to build the actual habits required for this to be mental muscle memory and part of my spirit. 

I want to be constantly refining my skill at this.  The results are beautiful. The challenge can be finding more ways to refine my view.  I have to balance my desire to love others with my obligation to stay true to my faith and following.  Again, the simple answer is to view everything through the Father’s love.  The task is to mine away the places where I still fail to see the beauty and grace created in others.  It is to chip out and discard the judgments and condemnations I carry. 

Over the next few days, I intend to examine the ways in which I can refine my view.  I want to see people as the Father sees them.  I want to love them as the Father loves.  Please join me as we travel through the challenges I face and discuss some methods of mitigating them.  If I am going to love you properly, Dear Reader, I must see you honestly and love who I see.  As always, your thoughts and questions are welcome and valued. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The judgments we have hinder our understanding of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment