14 May 2021

What Does it Matter ~ Closing Thoughts?

Greetings Dear Reader, 

We put so many things as a priority that are not.  From our sports teams to our cars to food, we prioritize much above our love for the Father.  Our social calendar matters to more than the needs of others.  Our hearts lead us away from the things the Father loves. 


We will allow others to go hungry whilst making certain our larders are filled.  We become angry when our flavor of overpriced coffee is not available because we love it more than the barista delivering the devastating message.  Our language, labor, and love seem to descend into a constant stream of selfishness that we coat in nominal Christianity.  

Please note; this is an inclusive conclusion.  As I prepare my heart and mind for a challenging phase of the journey, I realize there are places where I can gain more ground in loving the Father and my fellow humans.  My mind turns over things long undisturbed revealing the creepy crawlies needing eviction from my heart. 

What matters, Dear Reader is the determination to only focus on what matters.  I am increasingly convinced of the best definition of the narrow way of which Jesus spoke.  It is loving the Father with all that I am above all else.  It is loving you, no matter what you are, as Jesus loves you.  It is refusing to entertain anything hindering these two things. 

As I prepare for the ending and beginning of things, I must secure this as my path and standard.  I must go deeper in my faith that all else becomes what it should be when I do this.  At the end of the day today, everything changes.  

At the end of the day every day, nothing matters except what I have done to love the Father and show others his love.  Nothing lasts but the things I embrace in living out love.  Desiring only this will guide me and sustain me.  It makes the journey both more mysterious and adventurous all at once, Dear Reader.  It is the only lasting thing. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When we choose what really matters we choose the eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment