10 May 2021

What Does it Matter ~ Velcro Salvation?

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Again, I wish to be clear that I have a position on this, and in my forthcoming book on theology, you will learn it.  For today, however, if you wish to know what I think you must ask me directly.  What we ponder today is something more important.  We miss in our tulip and daisy tumult the higher reason for the discussion on the adherence of our salvation once applied. 


The question concerning the permanence or temporary nature of our security in Christ is a very old one.  We will briefly look at the extremes of each one and then address the more important question.  Plainly put, there are two views of our condition once we put our faith in Jesus for our redemption. 

The first but only in sequence and not importance is that we can lose our salvation through sin against and/or denial of Christ as our Lord and sufficiency.  It is thought that we can step out of our redemption at will by the choices we make.  The primary difficulty is that there is great power of manipulation in this thinking.  I know for certain that preachers have used this to scare others into a commitment to avoid things that are not truly sin.  This idea is often used to oppress followers of Jesus into behavior that is a preference over requirement. 

The second is that once we put our faith in Christ for redemption is that we cannot for any reason lose our reclamation.  We enter into a permanent recycling process from which we cannot escape or be cast aside.  The danger here is that we use our security as a license to do wrong.  This too is an extreme that does not take into account the work and purpose of the Holy Spirit in guiding us home. 

I do not really care which position one takes in the flower bed.  The more important question or position I must adopt is this: Why do I  not make the point a moot one by striving every moment to follow Jesus as closely as I can?  I do not have to consider my perseverance if I uphold my love for the Father, following the Son, and yielding to the Spirit.  This is where we are supposed to live.  This is where we find our purpose, being, and security, Dear Reader. 

I will always think through the strong questions of faith and following.  I will not allow the differences in them to divide us.  It may be rising above the discussion to cling to my faith that sets to rest any fear of losing my redemption or treating it as something I need not work out.  I will do my best to follow in love and obedience and let other minds debate that which falls aside if I follow.  Faith and love are what matter. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

If I adhere to my calling, I need not worry about its adherence to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment