21 May 2021

GPS (God’s Positioning System) ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There is a portion of my heart that I ponder every day.  As I have been in a time of forced semi-convalescence, I have pondered it more deeply.  I have had to be obedient to my physician’s orders but there has been little peace in my obedience. 


You see, Dear Reader, I am a very restless soul.  I have had to cancel travel plans due to an injury to my foot.  I have not been able to continue my exercise routine.  I have been limited in the wandering that eases my mind and brings me peace.  All of this has been during a beautifully mild spring. 

Let me say first that the staff at the wound care center here could not be more wonderful.  From the outset, they have made me feel welcome and confident of their care for me.  Each of them is kind and engaging.  My physician is compassionate, thorough, and skilled.  They take their time with me and make sure I understand what to do between visits. 

I am doing my best to be obedient and accountable.  Still, my desire to be on the road and realize my dreams remain just out of my grasp.  I ponder almost every day the words Jesus said to Nicodemus: 

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless someone is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  That which has been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which has been born of the Spirit is spirit.  Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it is coming from and where it is going; so is everyone who has been born of the Spirit.” 

That last sentence calls to me like a sea siren.  I long to be in a life that is subject only to the wind of the Spirit sending me where it will.  I have tasted this and determined that God’s positioning system is the best way to navigate the journey home.  What I need to do is ponder the specifics of my desires relative to this truth.  I must frame all that I wish in reference to obedience to the statements of Jesus and the leading of the Spirit. 

Over the next few days, I intend to do this.  I have thoughts and questions about this that must be in line with the heart of the Father or they must be removed from my heart.  Since I am sure that the desires in my heart are centered on what the Father has already shown me, I must interpret my circumstances in light of how my situation and my mission align.  Please walk with me as I attempt to reconcile my situation and my avocation.  I value any input you may have as we ponder and palaver. 

The Road – Sweet Comfort Band 

I'm livin' it out on the road
And I've got so far to go
The one that I love is at home
And she is a part of me
I stare at the road 'til my eyes turn red
The book on my lap
And the thought in my head of you
And all you have done for me

Somethin' keeps drivin' me on
When I just don't want to go
I carry this feelin' inside
That nobody want to know
So why would you choose to be using me
I've never been quite what they want to see from you
It's all I can do

The road is so demanding, Lord
I can't give more than I have
I know how much I need your love
I can't give more than you've given me

And I stand in some corner backstage
And eat what's not good for me
I sleep in another hotel
With the radio on
And I dream of my home where I belong
And I didn't just travel this far for a song or two
But I'll do it for you

The road is so demanding, Lord
I can't give more than I have
I know how much I need your love
I can't give more than you've given me

Well I know that the number one thing
Is spending my time with you
And this road gives me plenty of time
To hear what you have to say
Sometimes you don't speak a word at all
But here I am waiting to answer your call to me
And I hope you can see
I'm out on the road 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Understanding how to use a GPS is valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment