13 May 2021

What Does it Matter ~ Return on Investment?

Greetings Dear Reader, 

When speaking with one of my friends last evening, she mentioned the reciprocal nature of love.  The idea that love is given in the way in which we expect to receive it is a common one.  The truth is that though common thought, it is gravely in error. 


Having expressed this before, I realize the degree to which I need to laser-focus my thoughts on the true way in which love works.  It is never giving to get or giving with the expectation of giving.  It must always be giving without expectation.  I really do mean always, which is a great difficulty for us humans. 

Love only works if it is focused outward in a constant flow of that which we receive from the Father.  We must love with all that we are as obedience to the counsel of Jesus.  We must also love every other human with the same love we wish for ourselves.  Nowhere does it counsel us to love so that we are loved. Nowhere does it say that we love humans to the degree we are loved by them.  

As I move through the world, I am supposed to leave a path of love, kindness, and compassion.  Expectations attached to this restrain my progress and become the tendrils that choke love.  They become the hindrances keeping others from believing that they are loved.  It is my duty to show love to others in every step. 

My heart desires to feel loved and I have struggled long with it throughout my life.  As I abandon pursuits of trying to be loved, I find my capacity to love greater.  I must increase the effort to love others.  In this, I will find fulfillment of who the Father desires me to become.  Then, Dear Reader is when we are able to see the ways in which we are loved.  This matters eternally. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Expectations make love matter less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment