28 May 2021

Tell Me What You See ~ The Faults in Others

Greetings Dear Reader, 

We all see faults in others.  Honest observation will identify them and we are then left with choices.  It is what we do with our observations of people that determines our attitude and shapes our hearts.  We must consciously decide what to do with what we see. 


In approaching this, I think I must identify and define my terms.  I am going to focus on judgment, discernment, and condemnation.  When I think of judgment, it either discerns or condemns.  It can be both depending on how we apply love and grace.  We must judge from the perspective of discernment.  We are not to condemn others in judgment.  

This suggests a tipping point on which we must balance.  We must judge things that are wrong to be wrong.  If someone harms a child, we are obligated to condemn that action.  We are also required to love the person committing the action.  It is a narrow place to stand but it is our obligation to stand there.  We must judge wrong but not judge the person.  Discernment and love allow us to separate the two. 

It does mean the person is not wrong and in need of reformation and redemption.  It means we do not forget we too need both.  Without recalling our own faults, we cannot discern clearly how to love those we would judge.  The Father never tells us to condemn people, only actions.  There may be the need to be separate from those who do heinous things.  We may put them in prison but we are to visit them as well.  We are still to love them as the Father loves them. 

This kind of view is going to require me to see my own faults, not pridefully think I am better, and to use my discernment to forgive as I would be forgiven.  Reason and logic insist on my applying my heart to love no matter how wrong I think others are.  When I compare my wrong to others my view is skewed.  I must compare it to the perfection of Christ and see just how unworthy I am. 

My view of all humans must distill down to the narrow path of love and kindness; grace and mercy.  Refusing to be offended because of my love limits what I must forgive.  Striving to say everything with love, humility, and grace fills my journey with a lack of condemnation.  This, Dear Reader, is a beautiful path to walk even though it requires constant vigilance.  You are always welcome to walk with me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We are all under the same microscope.

No comments:

Post a Comment