23 May 2021

GPS (God’s Positioning System) ~ Doldrums

Greetings Dear Reader, 

The "doldrums" is a popular nautical term that refers to the belt around the Earth near the equator where sailing ships sometimes get stuck on windless waters.  When there are seafaring movies involving this, I become very restless.  Being in the doldrums troubles me. 


The term also refers to inactivity, stagnation, and depression.  We can get stuck in any of these and it becomes serious.  It is important to distinguish between the three.  Inactivity can be voluntary or involuntary.  If we voluntarily have a time of inactivity, we can do so for the purpose of rest or recovery.  Stagnation is almost always unhealthy.  It is the result of a lack of flow.  We think of ponds that become stagnant because of the loss of infusion of fresh water.  Depression is never healthy and not part of what I ponder today. 

My focus is on inactivity and the danger of stagnation.  Since Jesus is our living water, we must never become stagnant.  We have the infusion of life for every moment if we yield to the Spirit and follow the Son.  In this imposed time of inactivity whilst I heal, I must avoid becoming stagnant.  I have done this before and it was detrimental to my life.  

If the Father has me sitting for a bit, I must seek him in the sitting.  I must consider inactivity as active listening, learning, and growing.  The idea is to see this as the Father guiding me direction to sit with him and learn.  I have desires and dreams I wish to move forward.  Doing so outside of the Father’s permission and provision is foolish.  

The Father has me in the doldrums at the moment.  I must use the time to learn from him.  I must allow that he has positioned me here for a purpose whether I know His purpose or not.  Just because I do not know the reason for my time of rest does not mean my obligation to love the Father in it is lessened, Dear Reader.  Following faithfully may mean sitting and waiting.  I must be at peace with this and find joy in it. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When in virtual doldrums, I become impatient if I do not guard my mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment