29 May 2021

Tell Me What You See ~ The Lower Decks

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There is a Star Trek: The Next Generation  episode called The Lower Decks.  In my opinion, this single episode is better than the entire cartoon series launched last year.  It examines the relationship of the younger crew to the daily running of the ship. 


I think of this when I ponder the lives of service personnel in those businesses that require wait staff, maids, and the like.  We must measure our view of the world by how we treat those who serve us.  If we do not make their lives richer for having encountered us, we are not living properly.  Those who work in the service industries have lower wages and depend on us to bridge the gap in their income.  

It is my obligation to see to treating servers with kindness, love, and understanding.  It does not matter how their mood or service; I must be all of these things toward them.  It is not my place to judge, dismiss, or command.  I am obligated to grace, love, and generosity. 

Whilst it may be their job to serve me, it is not my place to abuse their service.  Try this, Dear Reader, the next time a server makes a mistake.  Tell them, “I am thankful that if it had to happen, it happened to me.  I will not be unkind to you over a mistake.”  I have a dear friend who once brought my daughter the wrong burger three times.  She was horrified but we treated her with kindness and patience.  When I actually met her a year later, we became instant friends over the incident.  

I must view those who serve me as people to love and respect.  They may work for the “lower decks” but the Father loves them as much as he does me.  I want them to remember their encounters with me as events of shared kindness.  I desire to leave them better than I found them.  

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Even those who serve are worthy of kindness and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment