16 May 2021

Who Do You Blame? ~ Family, Friends, and Exes

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Let me say before I dive into this, there are those who have valid long-term pain from past experiences and I would never deny the reality of that.  There are also people who are dangerous to be around and should be avoided if you could be harmed.  Having said this, there is also a way out of everything. 


What I am pondering is how we blame our current situations on things done to us in the past.  This is a deadly trap.  It is a place where we get bogged down in anger, unforgiveness, and depression.  It is a time when we give root to bitterness in our lives.  I have seen this throughout most of my life.  It is one of those blaming methods that robs us of love and joy. 

There are times when we blame our woes on those who have hurt us in the past.  This is not sustainable in a healthy way.  We are unable to truly continue to blame others for our difficulties and follow Christ.  Try to imagine Jesus constantly blaming us for his death and still trying to build the Kingdom.  We, however, get bogged down in events from years ago and those are why we struggle now.  

Since the Father wishes for us to be loved, at peace, and filled with joy, there must be a way out of all of this.  The way is simple and the hardest thing all at once.  We must love, forgive, and pray for those we blame.  We cannot carry our anger and blame into the Kingdom.  We can overcome the things that hinder us by loving others, even our tormentors, as the Father loves them. 

The other thing that blame does is that it provides us with an excuse for not following.  There are people I love who blame their failure to follow Christ on the behavior of humans.  This is backward.  It is Jesus who shows the way out of the mire of blame and we are supposed to love and pray for those who do not get it right.  This part of blame is an excuse for our own desire to try to walk away from God. 

I have to forgive and love.  I cannot lay blame on any friends, family, or exes and believe I am following Christ.  My former spouse does not cause my lack of faith, love, and forgiveness.  They need to see me stand with Christ and follow him in humility.  This is where we must live, Dear Reader.  No other human can be blamed for my relationship with the Father.  No one else determines my faith and following.  The love and grace of the Father call me to love others and stop blaming them for where I am.  Only through this can I hope to follow well and truly love others. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/

Blaming other humans has little to do with loving the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment