01 May 2021

A King of Broken Things ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I have recently joined a group called the Middle Earth Theological Seminary.  It is a collection of Christ-followers properly obsessed with the works of J.R.R. Tolkien.  Someone posted a meme, although it is too well said to be called a meme.  


It basically pointed out the Aragorn is a king of broken things.  It did it very well.  It was so provocative that I have been pondering it for a few days now.  We all are broken.  Our world is broken.  The Church is broken in many ways though still viable.  

Amidst all of this brokenness, we have a King.  He came to seek and save what is lost. He came to heal the sick.  He came to redeem a broken world.  One of the comments on the post was that in Tolkien, everyone gets a moment to reflect Jesus.  Aragorn does so often and well.  If you have not read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, you should.  The movies do not do this great writing on redemption justice. 

If I am to live as a follower of Christ then I too must reflect Jesus in all that I can.  This means that the connection between me and the many broken things in the world must be constant and obvious.  I know that I am broken, bent, and besieged just like Middle Earth.  I hope that in that brokenness I can use the love, grace, and mercy of Christ to help others. 

I am inviting Strider, the Ranger and one-day king to walk with us for a bit, Dear Reader.  I am hoping to learn from him to better be what I should be as a Christ-follower in a broken world.  I invite you to walk with us and express your thoughts and questions as we journey toward a world where nothing will ever be broken again. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“In sorrow, we must go, but not in despair. Behold! we are not bound for ever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory.” - Aragorn

No comments:

Post a Comment