11 May 2021

What Does it Matter ~The Talking Part

Greetings Dear Reader, 

If I am to write this honestly, I must own that my words and actions have not always been aligned.  I have failed at times to live up to what I believe is right.  My Grandfather would have said, “You do what you believe; everything else is just talk.” 


As I awakened from my own failures to live what I believe, I became aware of how deeply it permeates the flock of followers who think they are doing just fine.  I am not judging anyone but I do see a common ailment.  Ponder how often we say things that we mean with little or no action to follow it. 

We say, “I will pray for you,” but forget about it as we walk away from the person.  We tell people, “Anything you need, just ask.”  When they do, we are too busy or it is too difficult.  As we make our excuses for not doing what we say, we reassure them that they are in our prayers.  

The great wrong in these things is that we give people hope.  We give hope we will not help them realize.  When someone would tell my Grandfather, they would do something, you knew his opinion of their dependability by his response.  If he knew they would follow through, he would simply thank them.  If he doubted their commitment to do what they said, he would mutter to God, “Well they got the talking part done.”  Too often we only deliver the talking part. 

We do not consider the truth of our words when we offer them.  “I will call you and we will get together” is an obligation that lays down hope.  When we agree to something for someone, we are obligated until we fulfill it.  Our failure to follow through does not dissipate the bond we have made.  It is just like any vow, promise, or commitment.  Breaking it does not free us from it. 

As one who has failed in this area, I have taken steps to be certain of not doing it again.  I am not perfect and I fail.  Still, I must own my word when I give it no matter how I feel.  If I claim to love you, Dear Reader, then I must be there for you in all that I have said I would.  This is how we demonstrate our love.  We live it out in the needs of others.  Anything less is a violation of my duty to love the Father by loving his creations. Our actions are what make others certain that we love them. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We are accountable for every idle word we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment