25 May 2021

GPS (God’s Positioning System) ~ It Ain’t Easy

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Growing up in the south, I encountered the word “ain’t” long before it invaded the language elsewhere.  My Nana, a New Yorker, would correct me when I would use the word.  She would say, “Ain’t ain’t nice to say so, you ain’t going to say it.”   This was one of the many contradictions assailing my young mind during that time. 


Many years later, I met a man who when posed with a difficult situation would express, “It Ain’t Easy.”  While this might be seen as a complaint, I view it as an honest assessment of the truth.  The Father promises to care for us in all situations.  He never promises the situations or circumstances will be easy.  

If we are honest, following Christ is not supposed to be easy.  We are carrying a cross.  We walk in a world that opposes the truth.  The promises of care are written right alongside the promises that we will be hated when we stand for the truth.  Very few of the original Christ-followers ended their lives easily.  Most were killed for refusing to deny Jesus. 

We should not be surprised when we encounter opposition or even hostility.  What I must do is examine if I am loving, kind, and peaceful.  If I am not living the way Christ wishes me to live then I am not safe.  If, however, I am allowing the Spirit to guide all of my thoughts, words, and actions, I am promised all things unfolding is where I should be. 

The conclusion then is to seek to follow Christ in every moment.  We do this by seeking to love the Father in all that we do all of the time.  This positions us to be his and his alone, Dear Reader.  I promise this ain’t easy.  I fail often.  My words are not always as kind as they should be.  My thoughts are constantly at war between my love for the Father and my desire to do things outside of loving him. 

The GPS from the Father only allows me to see the now.  My mind often wishes to see further ahead to obtain my peace from “knowing” what is next.  The Father wishes me to follow in faith instead.  He desires my trust as an offering of my love.  He promises to never fail me and put me exactly where he needs me. 

Anything less than faithful following out of love is not my best life.  Whether it is pain or pleasure, I am supposed to receive it with joy.  I am to see things as divinely approved for me because the Spirit is there for me and not because life is easy.  The truth is life is not easy no matter how your grammar expresses it.  I would say, “It ain’t easy but there is always joy available to me.” 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Do we ponder what we wish for when we seek the easy path?

No comments:

Post a Comment