13 July 2021

A Fruit Inventory ~ Be a Dragon

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Someone I love used to refer to me as a slumbering dragon.  She said it was because of both my temper (the evil dragon) and the power of my words when I was kind (the good dragon).   Awakening the first was always terrible but she said awakening the second was worse. 

It seems she feared the kind dragon because the kindness pushed her to grow in places she did not wish to grow.   It is the power of kindness that is my thought on the fruit of the Spirit today.  First, let me say this; the Spirit has been gracious and merciful in slaying the dragon of my temper.   All the energy I used to use to maintain an angry fire now fuels my desire to love others and show them kindness.  This is not me.  It is the result of the Holy Spirit healing things in me. 

The dragon of kindness, however, can roar in me all he wishes.   Even his calls are gentle and peaceful.  It is the thing we fail to understand.  Kindness, like love, is almost irresistible.   Last night my dear friend Adam called just to check on me.  The conversation was honest and good.  He took an hour of his life which is filled with honest demands and invested it in me.  Kindness sent me to the end of my day feeling loved by a friend who has seen both the good and the evil dragons in me.  There is great peace in this. 

The beauty of kindness is how simple it is to use.  Complete strangers can benefit from kindness.  We can change lives by how we treat others.  Our enemies can become beloved friends.  Our allies can be encouraged and strengthened.  Simply being kind day in and day out to people can build bridges of trust and support.  

As I was thinking about kindness, I recalled some moments others showed me kindness when I did not deserve it.  I know I disappointed some of them.  Some have forgiven me and some have not.  I intend to repay the kindness shown to me by striving to be kind to everyone.  I cannot do this in my own power, Dear Reader.   The dragon can only be powered by the Dove.  It is in kindness we are all drawn to see love.  

The song below is new to me even though it is a few years old.  This is the prayer I now pray for my circle of support and their families.  Kindness impacts me so deeply and richly.  My desire is to be so filled with it.  I want it to flow out of me to help and heal others who need it.  I truly desire to be kind, tenderhearted, loving others until the end of my age.  I desire to breathe the all-consuming fire of kindness everywhere I go, forever, beloved Dear Reader. 

Benediction – Josh Garrels 

May all of your days shine brightly
And your nights blessed with peace
Wherever you lay down to sleep 

And all things are made good
For those who believe
May you grow from a seed
Into a strong, fruitful tree 

As the days unfold
Hold your breath to see
Life is a mystery 

And joy, it is severe
When the way is rough and steep
But love will make your days complete 

And may the work of your hands help those in need
Befriend the lonely, serve the weak
And forgive enemies 

And if you find true love, one day marry
Bear a child from your seed
Help it to grow into a tree 

As the days unfold
Hold your breath to see
Life is a mystery 

And joy, it is severe
When the way is rough and steep
Love will make your days complete 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Kindness from a dragon is powerful and unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment