15 July 2021

Second Thoughts ~ The Chosen

 Greetings Dear Reader, 

If you have not yet found the amazing series, The Chosen, you must.   Angel Studios has produced a masterpiece in its telling of the story of Jesus.  I am going to provide a spoiler-free review and then with fair warning talk about a piece of the show connected excitingly to my work. 


I am almost always skeptical about films or TV shows depicting any aspect of the Bible.  More often than not they are either inaccurate or poorly done.  Too often the facts of the story are set aside in favor of elements the producers or directors see as entertaining.  The other difficulty I see is the need to use King James language to represent the story of the Gospel.  Finally, the Gospel often is reflected inaccurately or unclearly. 

In The Chosen, they have thus far avoided all of this.  Through two seasons the story of Jesus is unfolding in a way depicting the human nature of Christ without ignoring his divinity.  The language is colloquial English and gives an everyman feel to the show.  Even the music sets it apart from every other show I have seen about Jesus. 

Whether you share my faith or not, this show may give you a more honest understanding of Jesus the man and Jesus the Messiah.  Give it a try and share your thoughts with me.  Now be aware.  Past this point, there is a spoiler.  If you read further, it will give away a major turn in the show. 

SPOILER ALERT    SPOILER ALERT 

 

At the end of season two, they introduce Judas.  It is a mystery until the very last moments of the episode and we will not get more until Spring of 2022.  My excitement is because of where and when the season ends.  I am excited to see how they will deal with Judas and I think Luke Dimyan is going to portray him well. 

What thrills me the most is what will happen between the end of season two and the beginning of season three.  For the past four years, I have been writing a novel about Judas.  I wanted it to be out two years ago but this timing seems much better.  

It is already much different than most things written about him.  The approach I take is controversial and will likely offend some folks.  It is also my honest take on the most villainized man in history.  

Look for The Judas Scroll to be out the first week in November 2021.  It can keep you thinking about him until The Chosen returns to us.  I will post some snippets along the way and the cover as soon as it is art-ready.  Until then, feel free to check out my other books. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Catch up on The Chosen before November.and get something to talk about as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment