23 July 2021

For or With ~ The Prime Directive

Greetings Dear Reader, 

In Star Trek, “ the Prime Directive (also known as Starfleet General Order 1, General Order 1, and the non-interference directive) is a guiding principle of Starfleet, prohibiting its members from interfering with the internal and natural development of alien civilizations.”  I realize this is fiction but it has beneath it a respect for all life we might encounter in the cosmos. 


The foundation for this is actually our prime directive as Christ-followers.  One cannot respect others in a vacuum.  Respect must grow out of something more enduring.  There is a false belief claiming respect must be earned.  One can merit respect but one does not generate respect for others without love. 

In order to genuinely love others, we must first heed the prime directive given to us by Jesus.  The greatest commandment is to love the Father with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength; basically with all you are.  This is the prime directive allowing us to love other humans.  It is the directive allowing respect.  

The Father already loves each of us, Dear Reader.  It is his foundation as well as the one we are to observe.  Loving the Father is an act of being with him.  It is the only way we can do things with God and not for him.  We must engage with the Father to obtain the power to love others well. 

If I find my desire is to interfere with the lives of others, I am not following the Prime Directive.  When I judge, condemn, or hate others, I have violated the Prime Directive.  No matter how wrong I feel something is, I must love first and allow the Father to deal with the wrong. 

Any moment in which I focus my love on the Father and honoring him, I am able to love others no matter the situation.  If I focus on being with the Father in each moment, everything else will unfold with him.  All will be turned to good eventually.  Because of this, you are always welcome with me, Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

This is how we become Guardians of Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment