19 July 2021

For or With ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I realize this is an odd title.  It will unfold with understanding as we look at the facets of it.  First a short understanding of the application on a human scale to put us in tune with the divine one. 


My dad; not my progenitor, but the man who comes closest to being a father is a good man.  When I was a messed up teen, he tried to be involved with my life.  Not intentionally but out of ignorance, he would try to do things with me.  His own lack of understanding would cause him to take over the things we were supposed to do together.  This resulted in him doing things for me instead of with me. 

Please hear I am not condemning him.  It taught me to let others do things and help where needed.  It has of late reminded me how often we do the same thing to the Father.  We try to do things for God instead of with God.  The difficulty is, we cannot do anything for God.  He does not need us.  Rather, he chooses to accomplish things through us. 

What I wish to think through are some areas where I have a tendency to forget I am doing things with the Father.  I want to improve my ability to be with him in every moment.   What in my thinking turns the corner causing me to try and take over?  How do I reorder my mind so that I seek the Father in everything I do? 

As we walk through this part of our journey, I hope you find some things to help you along, Dear Reader.  It is clear to me how much I need to only do things with the Father.  If I do not, I cannot show him the love he asks me to show.  I treasure your thoughts and questions as we travel. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We must transition from doing things with and not for.

No comments:

Post a Comment