18 July 2021

A Fruit Inventory ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader, 

Some years ago, a friend told me about blue strawberries.  First, let me be clear;  they do not exist.  Still, I did not know this and became very excited.  I wanted blue strawberries for the simple reason of being able to experience blue strawberries. 

To put it simply, all of my research into them proved out the mythological nature of their existence.  I was disappointed.  Fortunately, I was not taken in by the ads for blue strawberry seeds. 

We have looked at the entire list of attributes composing the fruit of the Spirit.  I should be sure to point out again, the word fruit is singular. As we conclude our focus on this, it is vital to consider the idea of false fruit.  It is easy to act peaceful, patient, or kind.  We can have acts of generosity, gentleness, and goodness. 

This is not what the fruit of the Spirit is.  When my boys were in their tweens, the older was being unkind to the younger.  I reminded them to be kind and gentle.  The elder glibly replied, “I am being gentle.”   Yes, he was acting gently.  This, however, is not gentleness.  Acting patient is not the peace of internal patience born of genuine love for others. 

You see, Dear Reader, we must all harness all of these at once.  I must personify love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  It must become who I am and not simply what I do.  My thoughts must harness these as part of my constant faith and felty.  This must become my essence. 

As we move on to other things, I want to thank those of you who have commented on and shared my posts.  I wish to refer you back to the song we listened to earlier; Benediction, by Josh Garrels.  Listen through it again and ponder how we can become, through the indwelling of the Spirit, someone who is the personification of the fruit of the Spirit.  

I have a long way to go and this inspection has shown me places where I may work harder at becoming better.  It has taught me how to reorder my thinking so I lead with love in areas where my fruit is not as sweet as it should be.  As you look into your own mind and heart, I long to hear how you are working to become better at living out the fruit of the Spirit.  Join me tomorrow for a new adventure in our journey together. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

How do we get blue strawberries?

No comments:

Post a Comment