17 July 2021

A Fruit Inventory ~ Put Him in Restraints

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I knew a time when I would eat a whole large pizza and want more.  I was a hundred pounds heavier and took little care of my body.  There are life-long consequences to those habits.  It has taught me discipline.  It reminds me every day not to be a glutton. 

We do not hear many sermons on gluttony but it is one of the seven ways our fallen natures draw us toward death.  I do not often talk about our two natures.  We have a fallen nature with which we are born.  When we put our faith in Christ for redemption, we are given a new nature.  Then we spend the rest of our lives choosing which one we will feed.  

The one we feed is the one with the better strength.  Like a large pizza or a bowl of fresh ripe cherries, I must control what I feed my natures.  I must exercise self-control so I do not indulge in things unhealthy for me.  All the other aspects of the fruit of the Spirit are seen when we put our fallen nature in restraints.  We become weary of struggling with sin but when we harness all of the aspects of the fruit of the Spirit it becomes easier. 

I know what my weaknesses are and I must use love toward the Father as motivation to control them all.  From this can flow love toward others.  I can restrain my fallen nature by focusing on the actions that produce good fruit.  I can think, feel, and act like the Spirit wishes me to in each moment if I exercise self-control.  

In this, Dear Reader, I find a way to make the journey have both freedom and discipline.  I will dwell on the two and how they function tomorrow.  For now, I will examine places where I need more self-control allowing me to bear more fruit.  I will note where I can improve and put my fallen nature further in restraints. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment