12 July 2021

A Fruit Inventory ~ We All Need Control

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I realize I have just said things about letting go of control.  Still, we have a part of the fruit of the Spirit requiring a deep level of control.   What we ponder today is the idea of forbearance.  It embodies the idea of being patient or having self-control; restraint and tolerance.  It is refraining from enforcement out of leniency and mercy.  It holding up someone else when they owe you. 


This kind of control is vital to our being loving toward others.  It is choosing mercy over what is owed to us.  If we are to be patient, we must exercise self-control.  I will talk more about other kinds of self-control in a few days.  Today we focus on how we use it to benefit others.  

We have to see our rights as subject to the mercy and grace the Father wishes for us to show to others.  It is the determination to treat others well no matter how we have been treated.  It is how we love our friends, neighbors, and enemies.  It is how we show Christ to our tormentors and abusers.  

I have so many friends who have been damaged by others.  They have the right to freedom from those who have harmed them.  They also possess, through the Spirit the power to forgive, forbear, and love.  There lies a deeper peace and freedom in this. 

I recall daily how Jesus related asking the Father for forgiveness to the way in which we forgive others.  “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.”  When I have power because another has wronged me or owes me, I am obligated to be loving, gracious, and merciful.  I must be forbearing with those who are indebted to me, Dear Reader.  I must show the patient kind love of the Father in the way in which I deal with those who have wronged me.  It is the very essence of how the Father chose to deal with us.  It is the path of love, joy, and peace. How I act when I have power says so much about my faith and following.   Please tell me your thoughts. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

"Never eat prunes when you are famished" - Clarence Wulf

No comments:

Post a Comment