28 July 2021

From Seed to Tree ~ Saplings

Greetings Dear Reader, 

For some reason, I get excited about saplings.  I have a walking stick I have owned since I was a boy.  It is made from a dead Dogwood sapling.  The tree had been eaten by worms and I stripped it of bark, etched the worm trails with a wood burner, and varnished it. 


When I see a tree transitioning from seedling to sapling, I begin to see the potential.  It shows its resistance and cooperation with the wind.  The leaves have a different green than they will when it matures.  One can begin to see the potential as the branches begin to form.  One can envision the tree emerging from the seed we planted into a strong fruitful tree. 

A sapling builds strength as it grows.  It becomes resilient as its fibers stretch and grow.  We too must go through a sapling phase in all the areas where we try to grow.  We must become more than we were and still see we are less than we can become.  We will know how to manage some things but others will be a challenge.  

We may have come to think we are grown.  I have learned that when I do, I am comparing myself to the wrong things.  It is the Father to whom I look for maturity and not other saplings.  The grandest humans I know will admit they still have far to grow.  This, Dear Reader defines those who are still growing.  

Even if I am a tree bearing good fruit, I have to remember my place compared to the Father.  I have so far to go and grow in my quest to love him with all I am.  I can always follow the Son a little more closely.  I can yield more of who I am to the Spirit.  There is never a place where I can stop growing and still be faithful. 

In accepting we must be constantly growing we find the purpose of following.  We can become those who bear richer, sweeter, and plentiful fruit.  Tomorrow we will consider trees.  For now, we must meditate on the need to always remember our need to bend, grow stronger, and keep becoming. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Saplings are a sign we are growing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment