24 July 2021

For or With ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

We live in a world where we all serve someone or something.  This can be good or bad depending on what we serve.  The problem with service is we convince ourselves we are doing something FOR somebody.  Pride can get in and we think we are better because we serve. 


What I think we miss is the idea of service being a WITH event and not a FOR event.  When we serve the Father, we are not doing something for him  We are working with him to show him love.  We are putting his desires into action because we serve him by serving others.  At the center of this thinking is the understanding God does not need us for anything.  He allows us to show him love by serving each other.  

When I think I am doing things for the Father, I am engaging in distancing myself from him.  When he asks us to simply be with him and we rush off to the busyness we create in our lives, we are not serving.  Sometimes we are even avoiding him.  My Grandfather used to always warn me, “Beware the barrenness of a busy life.”  As Jesus approaches the darkest moments, he asks his friends to stay awake with him for a bit; just to be with him. 

The entire center of our journey is to show love to the Father in all we are.  We do this through time and attention.  We are asked to consider him first in all we think, say, and do.  It always comes back to where our thoughts, feelings, and actions focus.  It is what is at the center of the command to “pray without ceasing.”  It is what the law means when it says this: 

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.  (Deut. 6:4-8, NIV) 

Everything is founded on being with the Father by loving him.  Engaging him in all we do as the senior partner means we listen and obey.  There are things I can do but I am waiting because I do not feel permission to do them.  Things I desire stay on the back burner because I do not feel the Father is going to be shown love by me pursuing those desires.  I have to follow the Son and yield to the Spirit if I am going to love the Father with all I am.  This is all that matters, Dear Reader.  If I seek this with all my heart in every moment, all things will be made good.  All things will unfold as they should.  It is how we remain with God throughout the journey.  It is the way home. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

What do we really serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment