10 July 2021

Second Thoughts ~ Don’t Let the Fire Die


Greetings Dear Reader, 

It occurred to me as I was listening and editing this morning, I am writing about the Fruit of the Spirit without making room for the difficulty of it all.  So many I know are in danger of allowing their fire for the Gospel to die.  Whether through choice or circumstance they carry burdens which dampen the souls. 


It is not right for me to ask that we exhibit the fruit of the Spirit without an understanding of our shared difficulties in the journey home.  There are times we are discouraged, angry, or ready to quit.  There are times when my failures in following Christ harm others.  It is not always easy to stand firm in faith.  

I wish to let you know, Dear Reader, when it is hard, I understand.  I have been there; ready to quit.  I have hidden my pain and sorrow.  I have avoided those who could help me and wanted to do so.  Those I love the most watched me struggle and did not know why.  They were hurt by my failures and I cannot heal them.  We all face this in some way. 

As I take on being more loving and positive, I have not forgotten those who cannot.  If you have not reached the place where you can love your abuser, make peace with the one who let you down, or forgive the failures of those who fell from grace, I understand.  I pray for you to journey from these dark places and find joy again.  One cannot remain in this vein and sustain the journey. 

I will pray for those of you I know about and will listen if you wish to speak about it.  I will also listen if I failed you and you want to talk about it.  I love you and want peace with everyone.  If telling me how I failed helps you, bring it on.  I will not fight you and promise to own my failures.  I will love you whether you ever speak to me again or not.  

If you have wronged me and think I am angry, this is not so.  I have forgiven everyone I can think of.  Please do not carry your guilt or imagined guilt.  I am not good. I need forgiveness too much to fail to forgive others.  So, Dear Reader, if you think we need to talk, get in touch with me.  Meanwhile, listen to this song and find a place to keep your ember safe until we can build it back to a flame.  I love you, Dear Reader. 

Don’t Let the Fire Die – Stephen Curtis Chapman

I can still feel the prayers
You prayed for me all those years
And I see now more than ever
What a difference they have made

And I can still hear your words
Spoken from a heart of great concern
Saying keep Your eyes on Jesus
And love Him more than anything

And I've watched the wind blow hard against you
And I've seen your faith get weakened by the pain
And I want you to know that I will be praying for you to hold on

Don't let the fire die
The flame has been dimmed by the tears that you've cried
But I can still see the spark of His love in your eyes
So don't let the fire, please don't let the fire die

This heavy weight you carry around
Of letting yourself and everybody down
Is pouring water on the passion
That used to burn so bright

Well I know you've got your reasons for resentment
And I know it's more than I can understand
So just let me say that I'm gonna be praying for you to let it all go

Don't let the fire die
The flame has been dimmed by the tears that you've cried
But I can still see the spark of His love in your eyes

And I'm not praying for the fire to burn the way it did before
'Cause I believe the one who started this flame in your heart
He wants to give you more, so don't let the fire die

Don't let the fire die
No, no, no, don't let the fire die
The flame has been dimmed by the tears that you've cried
But I can still see the spark of His love in your eyes
So don't let the fire, please don't let the fire die
'Cause I can still see the spark of His love in your eyes 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I can still see the spark of His love in your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment