20 July 2021

For or With ~ The Power of Gold

Greetings Dear Reader, 

One of the blessings of my life has been the last two churches I have attended regularly.  One of the things keeping me there is the attitude I hear about money.  You see, they both tell visitors they do not want their money. 


The first of these churches never took up an offering in the fifteen years I attended.  They had permanent offering boxes in the back.  They rarely mentioned them.  When they did, they made it clear to new people they were not about money. 

Many other facets of this church appeal to me because they are focused on giving to the community and not taking from it.  The power of gold is not in getting.  It is in giving.  When we give freely from our hearts we are working with God.  When we give out of guilt or pressure, we involve ourselves in trying to do something for the Father.  

We should support the church we attend.  It is good to respond when the Spirit tells us to help those in need.  It is not, however, to be done with the thought that we are helping God.  He does not need our help.  Remember the fish with the coin in his mouth?  

Jesus makes it clear to us.  We are to depend on the Father for all of our needs.  This means I am not supposed to badger you to support me on Patreon.  I have a page and the link is below.  I am supposed to, instead, give to those in my path who are in need. I am supposed to give to the church I attend.  These are to be done out of gratitude to the Father. 

If the Father decides I need something, it will come to me.  For today, however, I am to pursue following the Son, love the Father, hear the Spirit, and seek the Kingdom.  Everything else will be added to me if  I do this.  

As the days unfold, Dear Reader, I become more convinced we are all trapped in a pattern not meant for us.  It is not a life of getting and spending we are destined to live.  It is a life of love and grace; faith and mercy.   We are told all of our needs will be supplied according to the Father’s riches and glory.  If you did not know, the Father owns everything and all glory belongs to him.  Ponder this.  

The power of gold only exists if we grant it power.  The Father has power by his very nature.  If I align my life to loving him and following the Son, the Spirit will guide me to where I need to be.  My dreams and desires will become subject to this process.  My needs will be met. 

I have stories about how this plays out in my life.  I will share them with you sometime, Dear Reader.  For now, I am going to focus on being with God and allowing him to tell me what I need as he provides it.  The Father does not need our gold.  He deeply desires our lives.  He simply asks for that which we cannot keep anyway. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“I don’t need your money; I want your life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment