06 July 2021

Losing My Religion ~ They Do Not Know

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I wish to propose a logical argument.  This polemic is structured around the premise of Jesus’ statement on the cross.  Jesus called to the Father as those around him mocked him, “Father forgive them, they do not know what they are doing.” 


Sit with this for a moment.  Take it in and digest it.  Savor what it takes to be nailed to a cross, look on those who put you there as they gamble for your clothes and mock you, and then plead for their forgiveness.  I had a moment of real clarity about this a couple of years ago.  Someone I love dearly was railing against me.  They were saying hateful hurtful things to me.  Internally, I ask the Spirit what I should do.  The simple answer was to forgive the person.  I was to forgive him as he sinned and not let it have purchase on my heart. 

My major premise is this, Dear Reader.   Jesus wishes for us to be like him.  He wants us to do greater things than him.  In following him we are to die to our own feelings, desires, and even our rights for the sake of others. 

My minor  premise is the idea of others not knowing what they do when they reject, mock, or ignore Jesus.   They do not know Jesus well enough to reject him or they would not.  Since it is the Holy Spirit who convicts the world of sin, they are not yet convicted enough to understand what they do. 

My conclusion is a simple one.  It does, however, cover a vast flaw in the religion keeping others from seeing who Jesus is.   The conclusion is that we need to stop expecting those who do not share our faith to live it.  They are not equipped.  They do not possess the power necessary to understand following Christ.  Waging  moral battles with the non-following is foolishness on our part. 

When I expect those who do not believe to live as if they do, I am wrong.  I am filing to love without expectation.  I am demanding things of them they cannot do.   I must lose the religion of imposed righteousness and cling to love and kindness; grace and mercy.  Failing to do this erects an unscalable wall serving as a barrier to faith.  

I need to lead with the understanding of ignorance.  People who reject Jesus have not truly seen what he offers, Dear Reader.  I must not live in a religious construct requiring them to act as if they believe.   I cannot honestly expect them to act as followers of Jesus when they are not.  If I judge and condemn based on disability, I am always wrong.   I must not live out a false religion belying the very grace I need. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We do not expect toddlers to drive cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment