14 July 2021

A Fruit Inventory ~ The Right Control in the Comparison

Greetings Dear Reader, 

It is vital to our understanding to have the proper control when we measure things.  I compare every peach I eat to a singular peach I once had.  There is nothing to compare to the moment of that cool sweet peach yet.  It is the standard.  You can read about it in Sheetrock on the Road.  

When we set a standard in the comparison of things, we determine the quality against which we will measure things.  We do this daily whether it be food, entertainment, or other humans.  We ponder the person and measure him or her against our preconceived standards for people.  Most of this is an exercise in pride and prejudice when it comes to humans. 

We decide people are either good or bad based on our standards for what good is.  We grade people and their quality as if they are a crop of grapes and we distill folks into categories in the spectrum of good and not good.  We proclaim we do or do not like someone based on our own control of taste and preference.  The difficulty is, people are not wine.  Our standard for good is skewed. 

When we speak of goodness as the fruit of the Spirit, it is not our goodness that is the control.  We do not really understand good.  Good was the state of the world before we failed to love the Father with all we are.  Good is the nature of the Father and not ours.  When we are required to have goodness, we use the wrong control too often. 

The Father is working through the Son and the Spirit to get all of creation back to goodness.  We are the ones who changed it from good when we disobeyed the Father.  First, it was Adam.  We then followed in his pattern; continually fracturing what is good by lowering our comparison.  More than ever, I see evil called good and lauded as the standard to follow.  

We must do better, Dear Reader.  I have to compare what I do to the goodness of the Father.  When I do good things, it is the Spirit producing fruit through me.  My very best without the Spirit is filthy.   I cannot do eternal lasting good without it being the love of the Father working through me.  Even when this occurs, I must grasp at humility above all things so I do not taint the good I can achieve with pride. 

The world needs to see goodness but not ours.  It needs to see the love of the Father through goodness.  It is no accident that those who do not believe try to frame God as a moral monster.  If he is not good, they can lower the control, the comparison.  As I journey, I must always compare my actions to the goodness of the Father.  All things will be made good again, Dear Reader.  It will only be done through the love, grace, and mercy of God.  

I want to let the Spirit have me so completely so as to be a part of getting things back to good.  I want to love you and everyone in a way that allows them to see the goodness of the Father.  Then they will have the proper control in the experiment we call life.  

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“All things are made good for those who believe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment