22 July 2021

For or With ~ Important Secrets

Greetings Dear Reader, 

When my Sons were small, we always enjoyed the secrets of gifts we had gotten for their mother.  Individually, each Son would revel in gifts he has chosen for the other for birthdays and Christmas.  We would lovingly taunt each other as to the acquisition of the gift.  

For the most part, however, secrets cause problems.  Secrets are often the product of fear or wrongdoing.  There are good secrets such as gifts and surprise parties.  There are even secrets we are asked to keep by the Father. 

Jesus made it clear our good things are to be done in secret if possible.  When we do good for others and keep it secret, we are sharing the mystery with only the Father.  We are doing something with him and not for him.  Like the conspiracies of joy my Sons and I built together, we get to do the same with the Father. 

The Pharisees used to call attention to their giving at the Temple.  Jesus pointed out they had received their reward in attention from the people.  They were doing things for God and not with him.  This prompted Jesus to teach us to give in secret.  He added to this the promise of open reward from the Father.  This is not to be our motivation but it is a result. 

I am so thrilled when I get away with doing good in secret.  The joy is genuine and lasting.  The Father is present in these transactions.  When we see a need and give to meet it, we have the added advantage of trying to do it in secret.  When we take on this mission and accomplish it, we succeed in working WITH the Father to be a blessing to others.  The Spirit prompts us to help.  We obey.  Joy is born.  It is simple, Dear Reader. 

As we try to align our journey to being with the Father, we will become better at noticing the needs of others.  We can develop skills at doing good things in secret.  I must always look to see if I can in some way care for others without them knowing.  I want the Spirit to be free to draw them to the Father without my being a distraction.  

When I allow the Father to have all the credit, it is an honest act.  Everything I have to give and all the good I can do are a result of gifts I have been given by the Father.  When I do good things, I am simply sharing what he has already given me.  When I do them in secret, I am joining with him in revealing his love to them.  This is the best way to keep secrets there is. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

We are on a mission of secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment