30 July 2021

Second Thoughts ~ Confirmation Confirmed

Greetings Dear Reader, 

In 2008 I was at a place where I was considering leaving writing.   Things were not going as I wished and life was very complex.  I involved my adult children in the process by asking them to pray for me through the month of August.   We met for dinner on August 31st when I promised to give them my decision.  At the end of dinner, I received a fortune cookie that read, “You will become an accomplished writer.” 


The decision was made.  I affixed the fortune to my computer monitor where I could see it every day.  When I  moved in 2018, I lost the fortune.  It was just gone from its place taped on the monitor.  I grieved for a moment but set it aside because I had many more important things to ponder.   

In April of this year, I decided to begin writing full-time.  This is a big step of faith for me but so far it is going well.  I hit a wall a couple of weeks ago, doubting what I was doing.  Instead of giving in to despair, I prayed.  I asked the Father to help me not doubt what he had clearly asked of me.  

That evening I was searching for a cable to connect my laptop to a sound system.  In the bag of cables was what I sought.  Stuck to it was the tape-covered fortune, torn in half but all there.  The Father lovingly reminded me I was in the right place and doing the right thing.  My publisher rep, Cari reminded me of the same thing today.  I have placed my fortune in an acrylic case and in the hands of the Father. 

Please keep praying for this venture with me, Dear Reader.  I am determined to be faithful to it.  I know the Father has me even when I do not understand.  I will write next month about new things coming soon. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Confirming there was confirmation is confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment