27 July 2021

From Seed to Tree ~ Seeds of Life

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I have written before about the oak tree needing removal from our yard in 2009.  It was a huge tree requiring careful cutting and cording.  All that remained was a three-foot stump.  I thought to either have the stump removed or turn it into a table. 


The following spring, branches emerged from the tree stump.  Over the next few years, an entirely new tree grew out of the stump yielding new life in the yard and amazement in me.  By the time I left the house, it was producing acorns. 

What I had written off for dead was still filled with life and potential.  We are the same.  We are dead and unable to create lasting good until the Father comes and breathes life back into us.  Every day for me holds the potential to give life something good and lasting.  If all I do is rooted in my love for the Father, I can enrich life wherever I go.  

Even when others consider us worthless, the Father can produce life through us if we continue to love him.  I came to the place a few years ago where I believed I was dead and worthless. My failure to love the Father in all things had caught up with me.  I was cut down, corded, and left a stump. 

Then, the Father chose to spring new life through me.  The more I seek him the further life can extend.  If all I do is done to love him, all I do will have life.  He is still pruning away the things not honoring to him.  Like the oak tree, however, I feel and see the new life in my heart.  My heart fills with gratitude when I consider all the Father sees in me that I do not.  Even when the seed seems to have failed as a tree, the Father can and will recreate life, Dear Reader. 

The Touch of the Master’s Hand - - Myra Brooks Welch 

'Twas battered and scarred,
And the auctioneer thought it
hardly worth his while
To waste his time on the old violin,
but he held it up with a smile. 

"What am I bid, good people", he cried,
"Who starts the bidding for me?"
"One dollar, one dollar, Do I hear two?"
"Two dollars, who makes it three?"
"Three dollars once, three dollars twice, going for three," 

But, No,
From the room far back a gray-bearded man
Came forward and picked up the bow,
Then wiping the dust from the old violin
And tightening up the strings,
He played a melody, pure and sweet
As sweet as the angel sings. 

The music ceased and the auctioneer
With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said, "What now am I bid for this old violin?"
As he held it aloft with its' bow. 

"One thousand, one thousand, Do I hear two?"
"Two thousand, Who makes it three?"
"Three thousand once, three thousand twice,
Going and gone", said he. 

The audience cheered,
But some of them cried,
"We just don't understand."
"What changed its' worth?"
Swift came the reply.
"The Touch of the Master's Hand." 

"And many a man with life out of tune
All battered and scarred with sin
Is auctioned cheap to a thoughtless crowd
Much like that old violin 

A mess of pottage, a glass of wine,
A game and he travels on.
He is going once, he is going twice,
He is going and almost gone. 

But the Master comes,
And the foolish crowd never can quite understand,
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the Touch of the Masters' Hand. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Do you know that in a universe full of wonders, humans have managed to invent boredom?” - Terry Pratchett.

No comments:

Post a Comment