08 July 2021

A Fruit Inventory ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

Rarely do I hitch my blog to a sermon from church.   I want the thoughts here to have their essence in how the Father is teaching me to love him.  This series, however, is flowing directly from something spoken of this past Sunday, so I want to give Chad credit for the inspiration and for causing me to think through the fruit of the Holy Spirit to Christ-followers. 


It is vital to faith and following for me to examine the things I am supposed to produce and provide.   I am going to spend several days defining and examining what Paul says we are to produce in our lives.  If you wish to find a deeper treatment of this, you may do so in Thoughts and Questions on Galatians.  

As I move through the passage, I hope to give practical ways to produce fruit of the Spirit as we journey home together.  In case you are not familiar with the reference it is this:  Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things, there is no law.  For those of you who do not share my faith, you may consider this a guide to what you should see in Christ-followers to know they are genuine.   None of us will possess them all but we should be striving for all of them to be evident in our lives. 

I also want to issue a challenge to you, Dear Reader.   As I think through each of these, I am going to ask you to ponder where you are in each of them.  I will be doing this in the writing.  I would be thrilled if you shared what you are learning with me.  If you tell me what you are learning and how you are going to enhance your production of fruit, I promise to pray for you.  I love you, Dear Reader.  I always value your thoughts and questions. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

I love picking peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment