26 July 2021

From Seed to Tree ~ Fallow Ground

Greetings Dear Reader, 

When we think of fallow ground, we should conjure the image of a plowed but unplanted field.  There is a purpose to this, allowing the land to rest and reenergize.  There are times we must do this.  In the Law, the Father required it to be done every seven years.  


In the same way, the Father required people to rest every seventh day.  We do not live under the law, but someone dear to me tries to observe a day of rest each week.  Her example inspired me and I have instituted this over the last few months.  I let my mind and body lay fallow for a day each week.  I am ready to receive whatever the Father sends my way but I do not work or busy myself. 

The practical result has been a rise in productivity other days.  It includes an easier consistency at focusing and being disciplined.  I have also noticed an uptick in creativity.  Ideas come easier and more fully formed.  None of this is why I do it though. 

The reason I have a fallow day is to listen.  I want to spend time in silence, trying to hear what the Father has to say to me.  Fallow time is something I have begun to cherish.  It is time the Father saw as necessary to knowing him well and, therefore, inherently good. 

It has also made my forced inactivity easier to endure.  I have been more patient with myself.  The time drifts instead of flying.  It becomes a day where I am free to speak my mind to the Father and make the time to hear him answer.  I think I have found a new permanent change as I strive to be a fruitful tree, Dear Reader. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

When you see the fallow ground, you see rest hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment