30 July 2021

From Seed to Tree ~ Greenhouse Effect

Greetings Dear Reader, 

When I was a lad, I was captivated by greenhouses.  To my young mind, I thought one could grow anything all year in a greenhouse.  As I grew to understand there were other considerations, my fascination ebbed but I still like them. 

When I gardened regularly, I set up one in my living room to get a head start on spring planting.  I love the idea of a closed warm space nurturing seeds into life.   I also realize the mind is a greenhouse. 

It is the thoughts we keep in the greenhouse of our thinking growing into actions and words that become who we are.  What we feel is a result of our thinking.  Our thoughts determine what we become.  If I allow anger and bitterness to run through my mind, I become an unpleasant person.  

We are supposed to capture every thought and discipline it to our love of the Father.  Everything in our mind is supposed to nurture this dedication to love the Father with all we are.  The greenhouse effect is that it warms the rest of our being toward what is good and kind.  It nurtures our feelings, words, and actions to bend them toward following the Son and yielding to the Spirit. 

When things are difficult, I must already have spent time setting up my greenhouse with robust thoughts of good things.  If I cling to hurt and resentment it will grow under the heat and humidity of hard times.  It is what is already rooted in me growing when things are bad.   If, however, I stock the greenhouse with strong fruitful trees, I will be nourished by the discipline when challenged. 

It is in the greenhouse of the mind where I decide what kind of fruit I will bear as the years move on, Dear Reader.  What I nourish in my thoughts in the quiet dark will be what comes to light.  When my mind tries to root a weed, it is up to me to kill it.  It is true that what we think is what we become.  It is never too late to uproot unkind or harmful thoughts and put them in the burn bin. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Greenhouses are either good or bad depending on what we grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment